Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sign-ups are open - KAL starts Feb 1!

Sign-ups for SAM3, the 3rd incarnation of the Sock-A-Month Knit-along, are now open! This SAM will run a bit differently than the last two, with a group blog for everyone to post their socks to. I will still keep track of who knit what, and will still pass out prizes at the end of the knit-along. But I'm trying to keep it simple this time around.

The rules are easy - post to this blog when you've finished socks. I will try to keep the sidebar updated weekly, but no promises! There will be a monthly drawing for everyone who completes socks, and then the big drawing at the end of six months - for each month you completed socks in, you'll get an entry in the drawing. This round will run from Feb. 1 to July 31.

As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to eliminate the brownie points for extra socks this time around. You can still feel free to post your additional socks to the blog (because of course we like to see ALL the socks you've made), but I'll only count your first pair for the month.

You can sign up for the KAL at any time, but only socks finished after you've signed up will be counted. Socks will be counted in the month they're finished in. I will allow late posts (i.e. posting in March for Feb socks), but if you're too late you won't make the monthly drawing. I will do the drawing anytime after the 5th of the following month, so if you want to be sure you're included, post before then to be safe.

What counts as socks: anything with standard sock construction that will be worn by a human, including baby socks, pedicure socks (as long as they have a turned heel) and felted socks (again, must have a turned heel - Fuzzy Feet count).

What doesn't count: baby booties, felted clogs or slippers, sock ornaments or earrings, and mis-matched pairs of single socks (exception - I will allow mismatched pairs of Xmas stockings). Get those second socks done, folks!

Email me at knittinmom at gmail dot com to sign up. I am looking forward to seeing all of your socks!

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

Hi Crissy.

Do felted sock/booties count? I have a few of those to make.

I send and email to sign up but I'm sure that you already know that I'll be playing along. I can't help myself:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb