Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Saturday, February 24, 2007

3 Finishes This Month

Hi! I'm Tweezle, and this is my first post here. It's really great to see all the socks being knitted. You had no idea how much the photos and posts have inspired me.

I have 3 finishes this month. The first two pairs are made from the Country Cottage pattern "Iowa Cruise Socks". I used Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool for the first pair. The kids and I were fooling around and tried the Kool-Aid dying method from "Socks, Socks, Socks". Each of us picked out a color - so that's why they look the way the do.



The second pair was made from Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool and Bartlett Yarn. These were for my DH for Valentine's Day.



My third pair was made for DS. These socks are knit from Opal Masterpiece and I think they are soooo UGLY! They aren't DS's favorites either, but he smiled and said they'd wear just the same, so he's still happy with them.



Currently on my needles is the first of "Gentleman's Plain Winter Socks" from Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks book. I'm knitting them in Trekking XXL #104. The color is soooooo gorgeous! If you'd like to see my progress, they're posted on my blog.

3 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wow, you've been busy! Great job on all the socks - love the kool aid dying job you did! I'll be over to check out your blog, too.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

Oh, wow, I really like the first pair!
The dyed parts almost look like tie dye! How fun!
:D

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger lexa said...

I like your socks! That third pair is kinda wild looking but still nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb