Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Down to the wire in every way possible


Here are my May socks! They're Elfine socks, knit from something I had in my stash and lost the yarn labels for. I'm pretty sure it's a cotton, and it was three stranded yarn- pink, green and white- but that made it a bit thick for socks so I pulled out the white strand as I went along. You'll notice, though, that there's a white band at the top and you can sort of see the white bit of the heel. That's because I had no clue how much yarn I had, so when I got to the heel of the first sock and realized I had about a third of the skein left I took the white yarn I hadn't been using and knit the heel out of that. The second sock ended up on row 3 of the pattern instead of row 7 like the first sock, and while binding off I ran out of yarn half way around the sock. I had to take more of the leftover white yarn and finish binding off, so to make the socks look even I did single crochets around the top of both socks. Not quite what the pattern author had intended, but sometimes these things happen.

For more info, check out my blog. There'll be an entry about the whole sock fiasco there shortly.

~Rebecca

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Great fix! I like them.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

bb