Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Garter Rib socks for June


So, another month's socks are done. These are garter rib socks, from Charlene Schurch's book "Sensational Knitted Socks", done using 64 stitches on 2.25mm needles. Like most of my socks so far, they are a gift for a friend.
The yarn is Lucia, by Posh Yarns, and the colourway is Mirth. I didn't care for it overmuch in the skein, but knitted up it is lovely and being 30% cashmere it gets decadently softer with each wash. I wish I'd used short row heels instead of a heel flap and gusset, even though the striping sequence came out a little different for each sock.
I'm really not sure if I'll get a pair completed for July, even though it is the last month. Sock knitting takes up most of my available knitting time, and I have other projects languishing that I really ought to finish. Perhaps I'll go for a very small pair of plain stocking stitch childrens' socks just so I can say I did a pair every month. 52 pair plunge? No way!

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Heddy said...

oooohhhhh ... Ilike those colours and the socks are adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb