Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, July 30, 2007

2nd Pair for July!

Wow, I managed to finish another pair of socks this month. Good thing, too, because these are for my Sockapalooza pal & we need to send them out this week, I think. :D

Strawberry-Lime socks


The pattern is Periwinkle Socks by Lisa Dykstra, and I used the called-for Panda Cotton, in the Strawberry-Lime colorway. The pattern is super easy and was very simple to remember, and I like the length of the cuff, despite usually being a short-cuff girl. The yarn is a joy to work with, and I tried the 1st sock on when I finished it just to see if I'd like it enough to make some of my own. I do. :) I will be knitting this pattern, and with this yarn, again in the future. :) The yarn doesn't break the bank (I paid $6.75 for a ball... so $13.50 for a pair!), either, so if you're on a budget, I think it would work for you. I knit these for a US Size 7, though, and had about 6g total left of yarn, so if your feet are bigger than that, I'd get a 3rd ball just in case (might be able to get away w/ knitting a 7.5 out of it, but it'd be pushing it!).

Manda
(x-posted from my blog.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb