Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Three pairs for July!










My first pair for July is in the Wyvern sock pattern, by Marnie MacLean. Yarn is Trekking bamboo, which I found rather stiff and hard on my hands. The sock itself is great, and I suspect will wear really well. I wasn't sure about the ribbing on the bottom of the foot, but when the sock is on, I can't feel the ribbing.










The next pair is a gift for a new baby boy -- a hat and socks set to be used in a few months. The socks are the Better than Booties baby socks available for free via the Interweave website. This was in Regia Bamboo -- I need more of this yarn. It's so soft and silky-feeling. Funny how bamboo yarns can feel so different between manufacturers.











And the final pair is a gift for my cousin's wife. They're Australians who have just moved to Ontario, and I don't think she's going to be prepared enough when winter comes. Hopefully these will keep her toes warm enough some of the time. Yarn is Jojoland Quartette, a merino/cashmere blend. Pattern is garter rib from Sensational Knitted Socks.

Gladys
http://yarnfloozies.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb