Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Oh My Gosh....me and the last minute!

Phew! Again.....got it done just in time (though technically these socks are for my Mom for Mother's Day, so really they are done early! So no stats on my blog for now! I will post my info here til they are gifted!). You will probably laugh at me, but like two weeks ago, when I was in the car, I almost freaked out, thinking I didn't have any socks going and was not going to get my pair done for April! (I know, I am such a silly girl!)



Stats:
Rainy Day Socks from MagKnits
Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn in Grass Green
Size 4 DPNs
Started: March 28th
Finished: April 29th

They were very quick to knit...LOVE the yarn, so soft and squishy and quick to knit with. I hit a snag when I was almost done with the first sock, I messed up the number of heel decreases (not even sure how....I have knit enough socks to know better) so I started the second one and had to rip a bit and reconfigure (I didnt have the heart to rip all the lace repeats, so I just changed the number of stitches per needle and did one extra decrease since I had two odd stitches out.) They fit great, and I can't wait to give them to my Mom!
Now, to plot some alternate patterns for the STR BMFA Club Yarn and my Scout's Indie Swag yarn.....anybody got any good suggestions? I am all ears! Happy May everyone!

Diana - http://photodee.com/blog

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger nbgriz said...

Very pretty socks for spring!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger lexa said...

They are great socks! I love green. I need some yarn for this pattern. It's in my "to do" pile, and every time I see that someone has knit them it makes me want to start them now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb