Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Friday, May 18, 2007

Grassy Gras Jaywalkers for May are Done


These are knit with Austermann Step in the Gras colorway, and as you can see, they blend in with my "lawn" nicely! My first Jaywalkers and the first pair whose stripes lined up almost perfectly without my making any effort at all. Honestly. I just cut the yarn and started the second sock, figuring that since the repeat was so long, I didn't have a chance. It's a good thing, because there was less yarn left over than my previous 5 pair. The ribbing in this pic looks too narrow, but that's just my coat hanger blockers being too short! More info at my blog shortly.

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! I haven't made Jays yet, but I have some Lorna's Laces (for well over a year now!) to make a pair. I have a ball of Austerman in this color to make a pair of plain vanilla socks for the store. We recently started selling it, so it's nice to have a sample that people can see and feel. (It's been selling very well, too.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb