Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, May 28, 2007

May Socks are done

I wont be posting them on my blog for the time being (still need to send these to my mother and she reads my blog)

The yarn is Fleece Artist Merino is colorway Mermaid. Knitted on US size 2 in an open rib pattern. I love this yarn and I’m really happy with the way these turned out.


So I have a question….my daughter wanted toe socks but I haven’t been able to find a pattern for them. Her second choice were socks with NO TOES. What can I say…she’s a strange child. Anyway….will these count in the KAL? I plan on turning the heel….they’ll just stop before I would normally decrease for the toes. So what do you think? OR....does anyone have a pattern for socks with individual toes?

Monika
knittygoodness.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Can't tell you if they would count, but I have patterns for all three - toe socks for sandals, toeless socks, and socks with five toes.
They are all found in Tolle Socken stricken by Janne Graf. ISBN-978-3-89858-810-2 (3-89858-810-6). Even without being able to read German, the pictures and graphs are good enough.
The URL from amazon.de. Frankly, shipping might be as much as the book.
http://www.amazon.de/stricken-Schnelle-einfache-moderner-Vielfalt/dp/3898588106/ref=sr_11_1/302-5397039-2164835?ie=UTF8&qid=1180385711&sr=11-1

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Knittygoodness said...

Thanks Nic and Holly! You've both been so helpful. Not sure what direction I'll go yet but I've looked at the pattern Nic turned me on to and there are a few skills required that I haven't mastered yet....toe up **shutter**
But I'm going to give it a shot and jump in with both feet. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb