Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Kool-aid dyed May socks

These are my socks for May. It was the first time I ever dyed my own wool. I used Knit Picks Superwash (75% wool, 25% nylon, I think) and dyed them with Cherry and Pink Lemonade Kool-aid in the microwave. Aren't they wild?? It's a plain stockinette sock . I can't wait to dye again!!
Congratulations Chrissy for the Rockin' Sock Club pattern this month....it's gorgeous!!

My bloghttp://lizandjuan.livejournal.com
Thanks for looking!

4 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger JakkiMitch said...

Your Kool-aid dyed socks are just awesome! I've bought the same yarn, but haven't dyed it yet [a vacation project for the end of the month.] Can't wait to do it. Sounds like fun!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

They are so cool! Love the dye job.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger lexa said...

You did great! I Kool-Aid dyed twice, and both were flops. I really love how yours turned out!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Deb said...

I love how your stripes came out! I need to dig out the microwave to try this. Great color choices too:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb