Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, June 04, 2007

June Socks by Nancy G.

I made these socks with Regia Cotton Color #5409, 2s2c, or 2.5 mm Addi Turbos. They are a gift for a friend who can't wear all wool socks. The pattern is a modification of Lacy Scallops by Sockbug; the original pattern is here:
http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/3830/b/lacyscallops.pdf
The modification of using a garter stitch cuff and a purl dip on the instep were posted by Marguerite on her blog at
http://stitchesofviolet.blogspot.com/2007/05/skittle-socks-done.html

I further changed the pattern by using a garter stitch short row heel to match the garter stitch cuff. I'm afraid that Sockbug may no longer recognize the pattern, but those are the credits.
I started these socks as car knitting in May, then continued to work on them at lunch time at work, and finished them over the weekend so I could move on to another project.
Gimme a "J"!

Nancy G.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Misty The Kneedler said...

Nancy - thanks for your kind message on my blog about the Yarn Harlot seating pass in Petaluma. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the event, and even if the pass you received wasn't from me I know somone got to enjoy it, which is what matters after all! And yes, my mom is doing better - thanks for asking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb