Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Saturday, June 02, 2007

June socks

Ok, I hope I'm doing this right (rightly?) because this is the first time I'm doing it.

Hi, I'm Lori. I'm new to the SAM knitalong and new to knitting (my friend Gina taught me how in December of last year). In addition to knitting, I also quilt, tat, garden, cook lots of ethnic foods, chase around my 5 lovely and talented children (including 2-year-old twins) and homeschool the oldest 3 of the clan. I think I knit to stay sane.

I am here to proclaim that I have finished my first-ever pair of hand-knitted socks (and I'm wearing them proudly as I type!) Sadly, my camera has died an untimely and nasty death and I can't photograph them quite yet. Be assured that I will, though.

They are from Silver's Sock tutorial and they're your basic ribbed calf length sock. I knitted them using mercerized cotton from Hobby Lobby. Yes, I know that I shouldn't have and I know that it's also probably tacky but I didn't know if I'd take to sock knitting and I didn't want to waste a lot of money on nice yarn if I didn't. Having said that, the socks feel pretty good and the stuff (called Sinfonia) was easy to knit with. I love my socks! Now all my girls are asking me for hand-knitted socks and I (having learned from years of quilting) have not committed to anything. Plus, I might want a few more pairs of my own before I give any away.

Ok, I'm finished and I hope I did the whole thing correctly and in order.

At some point I'll probably report the exact same thing at my blog, which is here. Thanks bunches for the impetus and inspiration to get these things finished!

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger SLO Knitting Guild said...

I KNOW you knit to stay sane!

Welcome!

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first socks! You did it on your own, too. That's great! I can't wait to see the picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb