Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

June and July Socks!

These are the socks I finished at the tail end of June (please credit if it's not way too late--I did blog them, but I had no photo then). Cider Moon Glacier yarn in colorway Andromeda, size 2 Inox dpns. I used the Priscilla Gibson-Roberts toe and heel. I can't remember where I ordered this skein. I knit toe-up, and that's all the cuff I could squeeze out of the skein for my size 10.5 feet.
Mid-July socks from sKNITches self-striping yarn in "sKNITch," size 0 Inox dpns, P G-R toe and heel, toe-up. Great yarn. It's both pretty and excellent to work with. I got mine from The Sweet Sheep, who has great customer service and a wonderful yarn selection.
Late-July socks in Regia Cotton Surf color 5412 (probably no longer available, acquired in 2005, I think). Visible from space, they're so bright. knitted on a size 2 40" Addi turbo circular, Magic Loop method. The pattern is a free one (Tidal Wave) from Southwest Trading Company, designed to be used with the company's TOFUtsies yarn. I have a ball of TOFUtsies and started a pair with this pattern, but the yarn and I did not get along.

I'm looking forward to SAM KAL4 and am busily working on more socks!

Melissa, aka Ariadne's Thread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb