Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, February 12, 2007

Binsenkörbchen


I am also a new member of the German group, Socken-Kreativ-Liste. You don't have to read German, because they are kind enough to provide English translations of their patterns. Their current pattern is called Binsenkörbchen, and it is a mosaic (slip stitch) pattern. Following an easy chart, you knit 2 rounds of one color at a time, slipping some stitches to form vertical lines. The result is impressive, but it is quite easy once you get the hang of it. This was great fun and addictive for me. I could not stop, and now I am planning to make more pairs in other color combinations. You could use 2 solids, but I especially like the look of a solid and a multi. Just make sure that the solid is different enough from your other colors so as not to blend in. Even my stash of left-overs has enough to do more of these. This is my second pair to be finished in February, so it is just a bonus pair. I just could not hold off until March to finish!

8 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger adrienne said...

nancy

your socks are gorgeous. i, too, like to pair a variegated with black or a dark charcoal gray when knitting mosaics. the colors really can look dramatic.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Beautiful socks!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

WOW. Those are awesome!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! I love the colors you picked. I've never knit colorwork socks, but that pattern makes me want to try!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Chanin said...

Your socks are really inspiring. I love the color pattern!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger wenat said...

I went looking at the german group, but I can't figure out where to download this pattern. Can you help?

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm completely obsessed with these socks. Please share if there's a way non-German speakers can get these patterns!

Beautiful socks!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger wenat said...

I found the pattern! The link is:
http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/Socken-Kreativ-Liste/files/Monatsmuster/Januar%202007/

You'll have to subscribe to the group to get access to this -- the pattern is in the group's files section.

I found it easiest to have an English yahoogroups window open, and then the German one, so that I had an instant translation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb