Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Saturday, February 10, 2007

My first pair of socks...ever.


I finished my February socks: whew! They are modeled here by the recipient (my significant other) and considering the length of his feet, this was a marathon of knitting for me. He said "it is a priveledge to wear handknit socks." *smile* I take that to mean he won't notice the errors in the ribbed cuff of the first sock. This is the first pair of socks I have ever knit.

pattern: TechGuy Socks, modified with wrapped short rows
yarn: Regia superwash fingering weight 4-ply 75 wool/25 poly sock yarn
color: 5097 "spot graphit" (dark grey with red and blue flecks)
needles: Prym double pointed aluminum 3.0 mm (approx US2)
techguy socks
Any ideas for my March socks? I think I will try toe-up construction and two socks at a time on circulars with a turkish cast on. Beyond that do you fabulous sock knitters have any ideas for my second pair of socks? Maybe argyle? This time I will be selfish and keep them for myself.

Fabienne http://fabienne.us

5 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Congrats on your first socks ever! :)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Awesome job on your first socks! Sounds like the sock knitting bug has bit you ;o)

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Hard to believe you've never knit socks before! Those are great. Once you start knitting socks it's hard to stop. So many patterns out there I don't know what to recommend.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Great job on your first pair of socks. I'm sure many more will follow!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger mle said...

Good job! they look great! and watch out....socks are addicting (not to mention sock yarn!) ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb