Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Auntiemichal's February socks ...

... are done!
Knitted on size 2 bamboo needles with Kumo'Socki handspun wool from YarnTails in Ashland, Oregon. I bought this and another skein in a lighter colorway at at Circle of Yarns in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Here's a close up view. The yarn is single ply, and the stitches show a distinct tendency to narrow on one side. Doesn't affect their warmth or softness, though!


The sock blockers are made from two plastic-coated wire hangers as shown here.

BTW, my blog has a link to nifty point protector/needle keepers on Etsy (made by someone else!) and how to make some of your own like this:

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger lexa said...

That is a very pretty colorway!

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your post by doing a search for the Kumo'socki yarn, wondering if anyone else had used it and what I could find out about the dyer. Turns out that you bought yours the same place I bought mine! I'm making an Elizabeth Zimmerman baby sweater that will be on my blog when it's finished in a week or so. Your socks look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb