Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My first pair!

















Yarn: Brown Sheep Wildfoote in color SY-800 (Sonatina)
Needles: A 29" Boye#2 & a 24" Addi Turbo#2; I hate the Boye. It's sharp and smooth, but the huge, rough join and the stiff, inflexible cable make the needle total shite (my opinion only, of course). I bought it to save money (it was super cheap at the local Ben Franklin) but I won't be making that mistake again.
Pattern: Basic toe-up using short row toe & heel (from the tutorial on knitty); 2x2 ribbed cuff with a 1x1 rib for the last 6 rounds; worked both at the same time; tubular bind-off from this tutorial




I even have enough yarn left over to make another pair, so I'm going to try a pattern this time. I really like the toe-up construction, so I'm going to stick with that, but I want to learn a new cast-on and heel method, so I'll see what I find.

Also, a question for you experienced sock knitters. I bought Jitterbug from a shop while on vacation in NYC, and there was a knot in what was serendipitiously the middle of the skein. Is that typical of Jitterbug? I know it's a lot of yarn for the money (more than 200 yards per skein!), so it would make sense to me to be able to split it in half and make a pair, but I have the feeling that's just me being naive.

Happy to be part of the KAL!
~jen~
http://blog.gonzopants.com

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very pretty socks! As for the Jitterbug, I've never used it, so I can't help. I hate knots, and you know you always get them in the worst places!

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll let you know. I'm knitting a pair (for this KAL, no less) out of Jitterbug and I "manually" split the skein. I've found no knot yet but I've heard of other companies doing that (can't recall who right now).

Your socks are great!

Now, back to mine or I won't make it by the 28th!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I had a knot right in the middle of my Jitterbug too. Weird!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb