Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, March 05, 2007

In the Sea

The fish have learned to fly...


Project Specs:
Pattern: Pomotamus Socks by Cookie A. from Knitty Winter 2005 (I'm a bit behind the curve)
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted in Stormy Day (from The Loopy Ewe) - 175 yards per skein was just barely enough yarn
Needles: 5 US size 0 (2 mm) metal dpns
Size: CO 72 stitches to fit a slightly narrow US size 7 1/2 foot
Started: 16 February 2007
Finished: 03 March 2007
Pattern Mods: None really, except I worked the heel flap on more than two needles (the held stitches rested on three needles until the flap was about an inch long and then switched to one needle) because trying to do it as written was too tight and fiddly and I was afraid I was going to stretch the end stitches all out of shape.

I'm glad I'm a bit ahead, for I'm sure as time goes on my submissions will get later and later in the month!

For an explanation of the title of my post, and, of course, more glamour shots, head on over to the blog...

Carrie
http://ladyknitterly.blogspot.com/

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! This is one of my favorite sock patterns. The color shows the pattern very nicely.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Kathy... said...

I love the colorway you have chosen!! I have not yet made that pattern. Yours are just absolutely beautiful!!

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I agree, the colorway is perfect. These socks are next on my list using Fleece Artist in Wildflowers.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Excellent socks! :)

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger SLO Knitting Guild said...

Beautiful socks! I like that pattern--first time I've seen it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb