Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, March 05, 2007

March Monkey Socks!

After visiting Cookie A's booth at Stitches West and purchasing ALL of her sock patterns --
I got a look at the gorgeous sock yarn she dyed and promptly snapped up a skein.

When I got back, the sock knitting yahoo group had chosen her free Knitty pattern "Monkey" as the sock for March. So, it seemed natural to grab Cookie's own yarn for the project!

And I have to say - not only is it lovely yarn and a fun pattern to knit (we all know Cookie is brilliant,) but she clearly understands the trials and tribulations of those of us with big feet (I wear a woman's 10 and my husband a man's 13,) because when I finished there was almost enough yarn to knit a third sock. If I'd knit socks for my husband I would have been FINE and I usually have to buy him an additional skein just to be sure I won't run out. So, she's brilliant AND generous!

And I loved knitting these socks -- I learned Lucy Neatby's "toe chimney" method of kitchenering the toe as I have never been happy with the 'nipples' I seem to end up with on the edges of the toes. Yes, they have practically disappeared with wear, but they made me unhappy anyway. The chimney method is great - I love it!

monkeysox

Sock on, sockknitters!

Margo

6 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! I love that pattern, and you picked a great colorway!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Gorgeous colors! I'll have to check out that version of kitcheneering. Thanks for the tip!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Of course I have to love the Monkeys! Interesting kitchener technique - I might have to give it a try.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Love the striping action, it doesn't interfere with the stitch pattern, cool! :)

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Monkeys...great colors! The pattern is fun and so quick to knit. Great Job!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger SLO Knitting Guild said...

Love the colors! I'm going to check out that kitchener technique!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb