Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

March Socks -- FINALLY



This month was a test of patience. First waiting for my new Knitpicks Options size 2 circs. Then after knitting my March socks, I had to wait for my new sock blockers to arrive! Finally I can post! These are from Sensational Knitted Socks (Waterfall Rib). I used a ruffle cast-on and a round toe. I started out to do a short-row toe with kitchener on top and the first one worked perfect. Not so with sock number two -- sooooooooo -- tinked back to the pattern on both and did a slightly shortened version of the round toe. I like the look much better.




About the yarn: It is Collinette Jitterbug (fingering weight) in Marbles 88 colorway. I love this yarn! ! ! Feels nice, looks nice, works up beautifully! I bought another skein and have my eye on a couple more colors. I love the way it gives the appearance of a flowering vine on a trellis. I don't usually get so excited over socks.




These are for a very creative friend who is always sending me neat stuff. Her b_day is a few days off so I've got to get these babies in the mail. Had so much "down time" this month I almost finished my April socks in March--however, I ran out of yarn. Looks like they will be April socks after all!




I'm truly enjoying seeing everyone's socks and gaining lots of inspiration. Keep up the good work!




Sherry G

3 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Great job.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Nic said...

That yarn is lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb