Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

March Socks

Socky socks for March: I made two pairs, well, technically, a pair and half.

IMG_1778    Yukon Leaves socks - this was a product of multiple setbacks. Started with a failure, frogged and restart. Then had to retract several rows because of one stupid mistake (one stitch was purled when it should have been a knit stitch), then my needle broke. After putting it on hold for nearly a month, I finally got back to it and finished, so tada, here it is. I used my brand spanking new Addi Lace needle to finish the socks and I gotta tell you, it's fantastic! I love the flexible cable (more flexible than typical Addi Turbo) and sharp enough tips, not like life-threatening sharpness. It definitely replaced Addi Turbo for my default go-to sock needles. Love it.

IMG_1780 And who could say no to knitting a pair of mindless stockinette socks? Again, done with Addi Lace, the yarn used is Sassy Stripes from Cascade Yarns with simple cuff down construction.

The yarn was picked out for the intended recipient so I hope she likes it. If she doesn't, well... *shakes fist*

That's it for now.

MJ
http://www.exartstudent.net/

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Two great pairs of socks!

I've knit Yukon Leaves twice. The first time was for my Sockapalooza Pal, and I had to rip mine out cuz they were too small. I went up a needle size. I've also made a pair for myself.

I feel for you with the ripping it out! The socks I'm working on now have been frogged twice. Third time lucky, I'm hoping!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb