Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, March 29, 2007

More March Socks


This was a record sock knitting month for me so I thought I would show what I have been knitting. I posted my "Uptown Boot Socks" earlier this month but since then, this is what I have been knitting.

First were my second pair of Monkeys which I knit with the Sockmaniac Yahoo Group



Next were the "big kid's" socks for Children in Common (CIC) charity group. These are almost the size of adult socks but faster to knit with worsted wt. yarn and US 5 needles. With the exception of the brown socks, all were knit in the last week.


The brown and red socks are a free pattern from Susan's blog

The turquoise socks are a simple 3x2 ribbed sock and the green with red cuffs, heels, and toes are the child's version of the Fluted Bannister pattern at the Six Sox Yahoo Group. All are knit with Paton's Classic Merino (100% wool) on US size 5 dpn's (ouch!).

Thanks for looking!
Shirley (www.Artseycrafts.blogspot.com)

4 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger lexa said...

You've been busy! Nice socks!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Beautiful job on the socks. I love those red and green ones~

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Cecilia said...

Wow, aren't you the prolific sock knitter! They're all beautiful.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Fabienne said...

The monkeys look great in that shade of blue!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb