Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, March 29, 2007

You Are the Apple of My Eye

you are the apple of my eye

This sub-compact-sized-pair is my third pair of socks for March. Some geek-tastic friends of mine are expecting their first baby, and he isn't even due until July. I wish someone would have let me know that sock knitting is addictive when I knit my first pair in February.

Pattern: Cable Rib Socks from Better Than Bootie (free PDF), Interweave Knits Summer 2005
Yarn: Lana Grossa Cool Wool 2000 superfine merino in color 504
Needles: 2.5mm (approx. US 1) Addi circular
Mods: Cast on 32 stitches instead of 44 due to the thicker (but incredibly soft) yarn, didn't start the cabling until the third row so the tail could be easily knit into the second row, and a kitchener bind-off instead of a zigzag bind-off

~ fabienne

3 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Lynds said...

Those are adorable!

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute socks for that baby boy!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! I may have to try these. Got a niece or nephew coming in November, and I just printed off a bunch of baby sock patterns to use up odds and ends of sock yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb