Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, April 26, 2007

April Thuja Socks

My April socks are Thuja socks in Moda Dea Sassy Stripes self-striping yarn (2 50g skeins) and size 3 needles. They're for my DS who's visiting us for a couple or three weeks. It was a nice change of pace, knitting socks on larger needles and with an easy-to-knit pattern. Even though he has a 10 1/2 to 11 shoe size, the socks knit up quickly. I forgot to measure where I started in the stripe pattern, and so it took several tries to get the second sock started close to the right spot in the self-striping pattern.

The socks were knit from the toe up and have a Widdershins heel. I tried something new (for me) on the socks -- using TechKnitter's transition from stockinette to ribbing. It's nothing more than using slipped sts to make the transition look better. But it makes a big difference.

By the way, I didn't run out of yarn. Just like me and his sister, he likes his socks on the short side. I got the first sock to what I thought was a height he'd like. He tried it on and asked if it were possible to make the leg shorter. Also, just like the two of us, he has a high arch.

Carol
http://knit1605.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! It's good to knit socks on heavier yarn/larger needles sometimes, isn't it?

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Thank you. I agree completely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb