Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dalton Socks

I finished my Dalton Socks, (aptly named for my Siamese cat, Dalton, that is colored nearly the same as this Socks that Rock Lucy colorway), this morning! This is my second pair of socks ever! And this was my first try at doing a toe up with a short row heel. A bit intimidating, but after getting the first sock done, the second was a breeze!

Pattern: Yarn Over Cables by Charlene Schurch/Easy Toe and Short Row heel
Needles: US 2's (I used four DPN's)
Yarn: "Lucy" mediumweight by Blue Moon Fiber Arts
Gauge: 7 1/2 sts per 1"

So what do you all think? You can see some more pix at my blog. Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job. Congratulations!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Tezzcan said...

Oooh! Lovely socks, well done.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Fabienne said...

i think these look fabulous! this is one of my favorite colorways from str, probably because my first cat kermit was a siamese too. he was feisty, but i liked him that way. *smile*

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger lexa said...

I think they look awesome for only your second pair of socks! Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb