Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Anklets for May

I've done three pairs of socks so far this month.

The first pair was a birthday gift for my neighbour's daughter, who turned (lucky) 13 a couple of weeks ago. Yarn is Online Summer, a cotton blend, and it's a great yarn. I love the colours.


The second pair was a pair of anklets for my mom for Mother's Day. This one's in Regia Surf, another cotton blend.

And the third pair just got finished this morning, and they're for me! I did an eye of pheasant heel on the first sock, but was unhappy with my stitch definition, as I'd gotten a much nicer eye-of-pheasant on previous socks. (You can see the first sock on the right, below.) On the second sock (the one on the left, below), I slipped as if to knit, rather than slip-as-if-to-purl. That gave me a much nicer honeycomb pattern. So for those of you contemplating an eye-of-pheasant heel, my advice is to ignore the standard advice to always slip-as-if-to-purl.


Gladys
yarnfloozies.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb