Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Sunday, May 06, 2007

A sock a day

This is early in hte month for me to have finihsed a complete pair. In fact I knitted one sock on Friday and one yesterday. My first 'sock a day'. Okay, so they're smaller socks - cast on 48 st and worked nearly 50 rounds on the leg and 25 rounds between gusset decreases and toe. The yarn is Yarn Yard Blackcurrant swoop which is normally less self striping and more swoopy than this.


These socks are knitted for an orphanage in Bulgaria. A lady from our church is going out there soon and has appealed for knitted stuff to take with her and I thought socks was a great way to finish off bits of sock yarn. So lots more kids and toddlerssocks to come over the next few weeks.


And while i'm here I just want to show off a new sock design I'm working on. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the patterhn on the foot so I'm going to do another version with a different foot pattern. These are the most intricately fair isle socks I've ever knitted and they're my own design. I've never done a sock with a fair isle pattern all the way down hte foot too. I'm going back to my Norwegian roots as the idea for this pattern came from a 'Selbu' pattern leaflet. The yarn is Jaeger Matchmaker 4ply merino.

Anni (aka Yarn Addict), Confessions of a Yarn Addict

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger nbgriz said...

Oh, my gosh, your fair isle sock is beautiful! Congratulations on such a beautiful pattern! I will be interested to see what you do to change the foot. Would it be possible to just continue the center part of the leg fair isle pattern? I am very impressed! What a challenge.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Oh, wow! That self-designed pattern is absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Tama said...

Love the design!! I have Norwegian roots and frequently find myself drawn to any design that is reminiscent of those typical to Norway and Denmark. Can't wait to see what you change the foot to.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I like the stripes on the instep. Very cool socks. I'm impressed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb