Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, June 21, 2007

More Sidewinders

My planned June knitting was interrupted by an attack of the Sidewinder! Once I saw one, I had to make one, and it wouldn't let go of me! The pattern is over on Nona's blog at
http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonaknits/ posted in serial style. It's hecka fun and unlike any sock I have ever knit before. I just love the way the colors stripe vertically. I used Lorna's Laces shepherd sock in the Iris Garden colorway, and knit on a 2.5 mm Addi Turbo needle. This is my second pair for June, so these pictures are just a bonus for all to see.

This rear view shows the garter stitch area in the center back, with some short row shaping.
You can also see the mitred corners that make up the heels. The whole thing is knit flat and then grafted down the long center back, up to an short vertical graft just before the toe. It's really ingenious. You cannot feel any "seam" at all. The toes are made with the same type of mitred corners. Thanks, Nona!
Now, back to the knitting I was planning to do......
Nancy G.





3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome knitting!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger JakkiMitch said...

I'm so intrigued by the Sidewinders. Waiting for my KnitPicks order so I can start a pair!

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job with your Sidewinders Nancy ! I love the yarn you used and think it works really nicely vertically.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb