Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, June 18, 2007

Turkish Socks for June

So far I've only finished one pair for June, but I'm glad to see these done. These Turkish socks are for my local sock exchange group, and they've gone home with Elizabeth of River Knits.

They're made of Dale of Norway Falk yarn, in a whole variety of colors, and on Size 4 needles. I bought two sets so I could work on both socks at once and avoid running out of colors.

The main motifs are my own design, and the sole pattern appears in many place, notably Anna Zilboorg's Simply Socks. (Is this book really selling for $299 via Amazon? It's definitely time for a reprint!) I love Turkish socks because you start with the toe - so by the time you're bored, it looks like you've made significant progress.

Laura of My Dog Has Fleece

5 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tama said...

I knew I should have purchased that book years ago when I saw it in Washington! Your socks are wonderful! I love the color combination!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Lolly said...

They are truly beautiful!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Tina in Wonderland said...

Those are soooo cool and intricate! Were they has hard to knit as they are beautiful?

I love 'em!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Eastern-style socks were actually the first socks I ever knit, so I wouldn't say they're hard. There's no heel turn to worry about. The picking up stitches and heel are done last, so you've had plenty of time to get used to everything. I find socks are pretty forgiving with the colorwork, too, since everything adjusts into place as you wear them.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Nic said...

I really like these, I think it's the bold stripes of background colour that do it for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb