Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, February 19, 2007

2 February socks!

It's my first time posting here, though I have been in the first 2 SOM's too. I'm addicted to sock knitting, but I often have to much on the needles and don't get anything finished.

But at least I have 2 pairs to show for this month. They are in the perfect colours for Project Spectrum too, so that's a good bonus!!

First there's the tiny baby socks I knitted for the piano-teacher of my sister :

IMG_2429

They are knitted in Regia 4ply (the dark blue) and Pinguin sock yarn (light blue), they have a short heel and round toes. The thickness of the yarns is slichtly different which I found out when I switched the colours for the second sock. But they are cute and nobody will notice!

I was a bit hesitant to only post baby socks as my socks for this month (they only took me a few hours to knit up) so I'm happy I managed to finish up another pair of socks :


IMG_2430

I started these ages ago! They were originally for my Sockapalooza pal (in the last exchange) but I changed my mind and knitted another pair for my pal. I finished one sock of these and the ribbing of the second one, and that was it. They were in my knitting basket for ages! I decided to gift them to a friend and I wanted them ready by last Sunday (well, yesterday actually). Putting myself to it I finished the second sock in hardly 3 days, mostly train knitting! I still don't get why it took me so long. Anyway, they were finished on Friday, blocked on Saturday and gifted to a very happy recipient on Sunday!

The dark blue is Regia 4ply (same as the baby socks), the puple is a variegated yarn I died myself ages ago (even way before the socks were started!). I figured out the slip stitch pattern after seeing a picture of a vintage magazine (from Beehive). the sock was knitted on 2.5mm addi turbo needles over 64 stitches, short row heels, round (dutch) toes.

So that's it for this month, I don't expect finishing any more socks before March gets here. But well, more next month! I just need to put myself to it because after all sock knitting can be fairly quick (especially for my small feet, but the bf has requisted more handknit socks too, so well, bigger socks should be done too).

3 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Cute little feet! Very nice work on the adult socks -- the recipient must be very happy.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Both pairs look great! Glad you were able to finish the "big" socks on time for your friend.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Debby said...

Both pairs of socks are just beautiful. I like the idea of the cuff being a different color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb