Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Finished Finnish Socks


Hello, I am really excited about the new SAM and having the blog where everyone can post about their socks. I would like to share my latest finished pair of socks. They are the Finnish Socks from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks knit with Garnstudio's Karisma Superwash Yarn. You may notice in the picture only one sock. This sock represents that final bit of 2006 Christmas Knitting. The other has already been given to the recipient. These socks were a very quick knit, being done in thicker yarn that I have previously used for knitting socks. I am not sure if I like the toe, which it called a double-decrease toe. The working of it seemed awkward, and the results look a little sloppy to me. But, it was good to learn a new method.


I look forward to seeing everyone's cool socks.
Jennifer
www.plantecologist.blogspot.com


2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - those are beautiful socks!! I love the bright colors!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love your sock(s)! I'm really going to have to get that book - I've seen some of the beautiful socks others have made from the patterns in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb