Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Knitting and dreaming of palm trees and warm beaches!







Got my February socks done! These are Broadripple in Patons Kroy Socks Stripes in "Krazy Stripes".
Started them on Saturday afternoon, and finished them this evening (Thursday), and didn't knit at all on Saturday night. They went really fast.

I altered the pattern by shortening the leg length to about 4 inches and used 3.5 needles because I didn't have any 3.25 mm as the pattern called for. This is my first pair of lace type socks -- I have only ever made stockingette stich ones, so this was pretty exciting for me!

The pattern was really easy to learn, and I loved the colour scheme of this yarn, from my stash. The colours remind me of the Caribbean, which helped as I knit -- it has been really cold, snowy and icey over the past few days, and it was nice to think tropical for a change!

See you next month!

Heddy
http://ewegottaknit.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger lexa said...

They turned out very nice! I knit this pattern once. I used some hand-dyed sock yarn I got on eBay.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Shrinkie said...

These look wonderful! Love the colour-way you used for them. I had forgotten about this pattern - must give a try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb