Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, February 15, 2007

My February socks!

Happy birthday to me! Normally for my birthday I knit myself a sweater, but this year I'm knitting more socks and fewer sweaters. Since they were for my birthday I splurged at the yarn store and knit them from silk yarn. They're wonderfully soft and luxurious, but they're so nice I'm almost too scared to wear them now. Here are the details.

Pattern: Jackie's Errant Ankles Lace Socks
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure silk, two full skeins plus a little
Needles: metal 4s. I tried bamboo but the silk wouldn't slide as nicely.

More pictures and details are here at my blog!

~Rebecca
http://foodcraftsbooksgirl.vox.com/

2 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger Fabienne said...

Wow I love how they turned out! Seriously gorgeous. I'm not much of a fan of pink but I may make a pair of these in another shade for myself. Happy Birthday!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Anneh said...

now _those_ are some sexy socks! i am a big fan of "happy birthday to me", so good on ya. And thanks for the heads-up on that crazy pattern...doing the heel flap twice sounds too weird!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb