Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Siljas finished february socks.















Stats

yarn: 4-ply regia in bright orange.
pattern: Fabruarypattern in Sokker 2007, Falling in love socks.
Needles: 3 mm dpns.
Size: european size 41.
Modifications: My own kind of toe and heel. When casting off at the cuff I Made 1 stitch in each stitch on one round and then casted off on the next to be sure that they were loose enough. I knitted most of the cables with Grumperinas method. They were abit tight around the ancle and leg but a soak in the washingmachine on woolprogramme did the trick! They fit me perfectly now! My Experience with Regia is that when you wash it in the machine it get a bit softer and more stretchy.













Even if I used a bit more time on these than I useally do on socks, that is because I have only knitted on these while I wanted to because I enjoyed the challenge of the pattern with the braids and lace.

5 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! Almost makes me want to try the toe-up method.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Carol said...

How lovely!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! I have some teal colored yarn set aside that was in my stash that I forgot about intended for a pair of these!

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant socks. What a clever designer. LOL. (oops, it's me). Seriously, love the socks and the toe and heel looks great too. I had a look at the way my mum does toes while I was in Norway and they're different from mine. I love toe up socks now.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Those are really pretty, and I just love the color you chose. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb