Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Okay, I realize that I have no pics here, but I desperately need some help and advice. I started my first ever "Lacy" sock pattern, and it looks HUGE. HUGE!

Usually, I'm a tight knitter. I almost always have to adjust needle size to hit gauge. This pattern says to CO 64 stitches, and I think I could make if fit loosely if I only CO 54.

I have had this particular problem with every sock I've ever knitted - they're all too loose.

- No, I don't have skinny feet. On the contrary, my feet are quite wide.

Any suggestions from you sock knitting geniuses out there?

Oh, I'm so glad moderators picked up on my suggestion to put some free patterns on the blog site (they're located at the bottom of the sidebar)! I am quite eager to try knitting up some of the different patterns!

You can either leave a comment on this blog, or perhaps on my own, at http://alohaknitter.blogspot.com

I'd really appreciate some help!

1 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Blogger Opal said...

The only suggestion I have is to keep going down needles size until the sock starts to fit. I sorry but that's all I got!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb