Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, February 22, 2007

February socks

Knee High! After few turmoils, I finally managed to finish a pair of socks. February hasn't exactly been the easiest for me, knitting wise. Broken needle? Check. Brand new circular needle that turned out to be defective? Check. Wrong gauge? Double check!

So kill the time in between all the frustration of all the projects gone wrong, I decided to make a pair of knee high with larger needle with leftover yarn.

It's somewhere between sport/dk weight yarn, done in 3.25mm needles, toe up with afterthought heels. It took constant trying on and off to make sure to keep up with the shape and fit, as well as the length.

Even though this wasn't exactly what I had in mind to make in the beginning of the month, but I think it worked out just fine at the end. I used up the left over yarn (which wouldn't have been enough to make anything else useful), and kept me busy enough to stop obsessing over my poor broken needles.

That's all for now!
MJ
http://www.exartstudent.net/

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Beautiful! I've never done knee highs. Great way to use up leftovers!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Shadkitty said...

Don't you hate broken needles? I've broken like 3 over the last two months. One I broke right in the middle of the heel...ugh!

Those knee-highs are awfully cute though. Good distraction. ;)

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I love these!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

These socke are wicked! My favourite colour too!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Trish said...

I love your knee-highs!! Somehow they always seem to be a lot more flattering in appearance than the ones that end mid-calf, but they are a lot more work to be sure. Very funky!!

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb