Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

With an hour to spare....

My F socks are done!
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in the Bright Charcoal colorway
Needles: ChiaGoo Bamboo DPN's - size 2.75 mm
Pattern: Simple stockinette sock over 60 stitches
Dates: Saturday February 3-February 28
Mods: n/a
Thoughts: This yarn is a delight - very soft and squishy, with a lovely stretch. That said, I'm not crazy about most of the colors. I'm hoping they expand the line. These will go with many of my outfits, as I tend to wear a lot of black and grey in the winter. I knit them on the 2.75 needles, as the yarn seemed thick in the skein. If I knit another pair, I'd probably go down to 2.5 or 2.25. I was nervous about my yardage (only 280 meters in a skein), so I knit a 6 inch cuff instead of my usual 7-8 inches. I had plenty of yarn left over.

Onto the next pair!

Jenn
http://knitnlit.blogspot.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Nice socks! I love the color. Been reading on a lot of blogs lately about that yarn. I've never tried it, but it looks like maybe I should!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb