Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Friday, March 16, 2007

Finished ~ March #1



Yarn: Lorna's Laces - Shepherd Sock ~ Lakeview

Needles: 2.5mm bamboo & 2.25mm birch DPNs

Pattern: The pattern is based on Gentleman's Fancy Sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, but I made some alterations. Instead of doing leg decreases, I started with the # of stitches you decrease to and used a larger needle size, then switching to the smaller needles for the foot. I did my regular heel (with an eye of partridge heel flap) and toe. I had planned to continue the pattern onto the foot, but then decided it looked better plain.

Thoughts: I really enjoyed knitting with Lorna's Laces and I'll definitely be using it again. I've used this pattern before and it's fun to knit. The socks are nice and comfy too!

Edit: Oops, forgot to add...
OzKnitter
http://ozknitter.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Such nice colors, and I think the pattern and the yarn work really well together.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger New Jersey Laura said...

Clever use of needles to change gauge! I've been thinking of making the gentelman's sock because so many people say that it fits very well. Do you agree?

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

So pretty...

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Shadkitty said...

I've been wanting to knit this pattern for myself as well! They look fantastic, you've definitely made up my mind for me. :)

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger OzKnitter said...

Thanks :o)

NJ Laura ~ I think it fits very nicely. The first pair I made were the second ever pair of socks I knitted. That time, I knitted the pattern exactly as directed. I found the toe used was quite pointy, and whilst it does fit my feet, I've since discovered other 'toes' fit better. The rib is great because it's very stretchy, making for a very comfy fit.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice colors! Great socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb