Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Three pairs for March!

First up is the Sock Madness pair, done in Austermann Step (the brown/blue) and a heathered blue. I had a few contrast problems, but it was sunny yesterday when I was playing with my kids in the back yard, so I could work on them. I'd have been done a half day sooner, but I had to rip out half a sock on Saturday afternoon because I didn't like the colours I'd chosen. So these were started late Saturday night, and completed at 10:30 last night.


The socknitters list had been discussing the strong heel, and I had the Knitters magazine with the article in it. But I then googled "strong heel" and found this pattern for Amy's Socks. What I wanted to experiment with was how the strong heel would affect the colour sequence of a striped sock. The answer: not much at all. It's a pretty neat pattern because it's not your usual heel, and there's no picking up of stitches. (Though I did pick up a couple to fill in the corner where the heel was turned.) Plus I got to try out an eye of partridge heel, which was new to me. These are now off to my sister-in-law, who admired them while I was knitting them up.

And these are my first socks of March, but I've only just finished the picot cast-off because I put them aside for Sock Madness. They're cashmere yarn, and oh so soft. Basic pattern, with the addition of the Dublin Bay pattern up the leg.

Gladys

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Three pairs! Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb