Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Thursday, March 01, 2007

First March socks


I started these a few days ago and finished them this morning. I love them so much I'm wearing them today!
Yarn: Jitterbug in "velvet plum," which I think more resembles "grape jelly," but whatever (this colorway doesn't appear to be on their website). One skein was plenty for my tiny feet and I could have even done 3.5 pattern repeats on the leg instead of 2.5.
Purchased: Knitty City, NYC, Feb. 07
Pattern: Embossed Leaves from Interweave Knits winter 2005 (though it's also in Favorite Socks)
Needles: size 3 Addi Turbos, two circular style. Made one at a time instead of at the same time like my February socks.

Modifications: pattern calls for 7.5 sts/in & 64 sts. I got 7 sts/in & cast on 48 sts. They fit PERFECTLY. I also used a tubular cast-on instead of the 1x1 called for, did a different heel (The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns was my guide) and used kitchener stitch on the toe.
Verdict: I would totally knit this pattern again. I want to make the next pair green, but I need to find the "perfect green," you know?

Next on the needles: socks for Llamaface (the husband). He asked me last night to make him a pair, and while his size 13 (THIRTEEN!) feet are a bit of an intimidation, I'm taking on the challenge with some gorgeous greenish brownish trekking XXL. Maybe they'll get done this month, too :D

~jen~
Tales from the Shoebox

3 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger lexa said...

My husband wears that size, too. I made him four pairs of work socks since New Years. Thank goodness they were on 5mm needles!

I love your socks! I will have to try Jitterbug sometime. I see it popping up all over blogland, and it looks really nice.

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Opal said...

I'm so in love with that pattern and you chose a really great color. Beautiful socks!

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

They're gorgeous! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb