Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, March 26, 2007

Swipper No Swipping!

I know I already have one pair done for March but I thought I would post the second pair I finished while on vacation.

(me sitting in airport in Denver waiting for plane)

I named these the Never Ending Socks as it seemed I would never get them done. No matter how much I tried to make time to work on them I constantly had to put them down to work on something else more urgent.

Furthermore, these socks were actually supposed to be for me! So of course I had to finish them!
However, you know how some things don't turn out the way you want them too? I was showing my mom the socks the other day to point out the flaw in the stripping.


Can you see it? Look closely, notice the brown? That is right, missing an entire brown row! I didn't notice this until the entire sock was finished. Then, considering that I was using the stripes as the measurement for when to start my toe decrease, one sock is a little smaller than the other. I was willing to live with this little mistake to finally have my first pair of handknit socks but my mom saw it another way.

Like Swipper the Fox, she quickly reached out her hand and snagged the socks out of mine and shoved them in her robe...declaring them hers! All she needed to say next was "You're Too Late! You'll never find your precious socks now!"

One one hand, I am totally flattered; but on the other, I am totally pissed! I wanted those socks! Oh well, what is done is done. She did put the socks on immediately and let me at least take these pictures of them before she took them away forever. So, my 2nd March socks have come and gone, just like my first March socks.

Maybe I will get to keep April's socks. I just won't show ANYBODY!

Yarn: Regia Jacquard
Basic stockinette stitch.

Marly

www.knitthing.blogspot.com

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Perhaps next time you show your mom a pair of socks you knit, you should make sure they're on your feet -- at least that way they're a little harder to yank off!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Too funny! You'll have to say, "Swiper, no swiping! Swiper, no swiping!" Next time!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Shadkitty said...

Hehe Swiper. :D The socks look great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb