Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, March 26, 2007

Those Funky Monkeys

funky monkeys

These are my second pair for March: the colors were so bright I couldn't stop knitting. I know, it's incredible that I managed to figure out how to read a lace chart (thank you Shelley, Tanya, Laura, Carry, MissyJoon, Anni, and Wendy for the encouragement and guidance). So these have quite a few mods, and they are a surprise present for my sister, shhhhhhhhh!

Yarn: Superwash Sportweight in colorway Fruit Pop from Fearless Fibers
Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Mods: Knit toe up with magic cast on with no knot, magic loop on one 2.5mm circular, increase up to 56 stitches, 1.5 repeats across the top of the foot, mirrored for left and right foot, short row heel, 3.5 repeats around ankle, half repeat on the inside/back of each leg also mirrored, five total repeats in length of foot, five in ankle. The sizing mods were for the sportweight yarn, otherwise they would have been too big and I knit them toe-up so I could squeeze the maximum number of pattern repeats out of the yarn.
Finished Size: Women's 8.5

monkey sportweight

Brass Monkey, That funky Monkey
Got this pattern that's more than real
Drink Brass Monkey - here's how you feel
Put your left leg down - your right leg up
Tilt your head back - Finish knitting 'em up

cheers, fabienne

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Oblivia said...

They are so gorgeous! I really like this pattern and I can't get enough of looking at other people's Monkey socks. Cheers!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Very nice! Love the bright yarn!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger christine (threedogknits) said...

Thanks for putting that song in my head! Very nice socks!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Great colors -- so cheerful for spring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb