Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, March 26, 2007

March Monkeys

Here are my Monkey socks (the sock for March for the Yahoo! Sockamaniac Sockalong Group). They're in KP Essential dusk with size 1 needles. Surprisingly for me, I followed the pattern almost exactly. Though... I did an extra rnd of gusset decreases to get a smaller circumference for the foot. (So, there are 2 fewer sts on the sole than the instep.) For the toe decreases on the sole part of the toe, I followed the pattern as written. But, for the toe top, I instead did another repeat of the Monkey pattern without the yos, then knit it plain until there were the same number of sts on top and sole, and finally followed the regular decrease pattern. That's why the top of the toe pulls in a bit. But, I wanted to try something different.

Carol
http://knit1605.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger lexa said...

Nice Monkeys!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Thanks. They were fun to make.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb