Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Friday, March 09, 2007

Toe Up Self Spiraling RPM's

rpm socks in wollmeise am kalten polar
I finished my March socks today and took them outside for a little photo shoot. I frogged these socks so darn many times that I must have knit them two and a half times. The gorgeous yarn held up splendidly to the repeated ripping and the colors kept my enthusiasm from fading.

Yarn: Rohrspatz & Wollmeise superwash sock yarn, color "Am Kalten Polar" in medium-deep color saturation
Pattern: RPM from knitty
Needles: Addi double pointed 2.0mm (US size 0)
Modifications: Everything except the purl three knit six in the original pattern. Knit toe up using magic cast on, increases were made so the toe sloped gently, stitch count was a multiple of 9 minus 1 for the left foot, multiple of 9 plus 1 for the right foot to allow for auto spiraling, short row heel with double wraps, knit one purl one sewn bind-off from Vogue Knitting page 51.
left foot spirals up and to the left
by Fabienne http://fabienne.us, more photos on my flickr

12 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a nice pattern. Your yarn choice works so well for the design. Great Job!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Those are gorgeous!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Those are soooooo pretty!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Beautiful pattern and yarn. Love the socks!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger SLO Knitting Guild said...

Beautiful! WOW!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger CozyStitches said...

Those are beautiful!!! I clicked on the link to the pattern, and now I know why they didn't interest me in the first place! I do not care for the designer's choice in yarn, but yours look BEAUTIFUL! I think they will be on my to do list! :) :) Thank you for sharing!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger lexa said...

I love the color! Gorgeous! I made a pair with some Socks That Rock.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Tezzcan said...

Oh yours look fabulous!
I'm doing the same pattern but I've got about 1/2 a sock to go and they don't look half as good as yours.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Simply gorgeous! That pattern is a good match with the yarn!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Fabienne said...

Thank you all for the kind comments, these were my first pair of socks for myself ever, so I really wanted something I would love. The great yarn helped a lot!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I agree with cozystitches - I like your yarn choice much better!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Shadkitty said...

Very lovely! I like the shoes too. Maybe one day I will make the socks. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb