Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Sunday, April 15, 2007

April flowers not showers

jaywalking

This pair is actually my second for April, but I couldn't post the first pair here because they are a secret. These were fun to knit, but the secret pair were even more fun as the pattern was a tad more complex. My mom will receive this flowery pair for mother's day, and as I assume that she doesn't read this blog, all is well. *smile* If these weren't pink I would keep them for myself because they are incredibly soft.

completed pair

Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina
Yarn: H.L. Miller hand dyed superwash in colorway Lily Petal -- great yarn, very soft
Needles: Addi Turbo 2.5mm circular (approx. US size 1)
Mods: None except magic loop and ending the toe at 9 stitches per needle instead of 7

~Fabienne

4 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, lovely colours.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Very nice! I'm thinking it's time for another pair of Jaywalkers to get onto my needles... I have the yarn already designated, but maybe I should finish another pair of socks first... how many can one person have on the needles at once?

I'm sure your mom will love them.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Great socks! I was winding up a bunch of sock yarn the other day and almost wound my Jays yarn. The boys started to invade, so I had to put it away. I'm probably one of the few who haven't knit them yet.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger SLO Knitting Guild said...

Great looking socks. I really like way the design and yarn complement each other. Jaywalkers is going on my list "TO DO."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb