Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Saturday, April 21, 2007

My April Entry

Here are my April socks. They are made with left over Opal yarn (the same I used to make my Lacy Trellis socks earlier this year). These are done in the Butterfly Rib pattern.

I know they aren't identical twins (the one on the right was made first), but that is because I was forced to wind the yarn in a ball by that time and the colours became backwards - naturally. Also, had I tried to start with the same colour pattern, I would have wasted half of what I had left, and then there would have been no second sock. As it was, I was worried that I wasn't going to have enough yarn left to finish the second one; but, as you can see in the picture, there was a little bit left...not much though. So, a 100g skein of Opal yarn made 1 pair of adult sized socks, and one children's sized pair of socks.

The legs on these are only 3" long, so it is a shorter pair, but that's ok. Had I made them the normal 4" length I usually do, there is no way I would have had enough yarn to finish the second sock.

Shelley at Kitten Knits Yarn

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger lexa said...

It's good to get two pair from one skein, but yes, it's pretty much not gonna happen that the kid's pair will match!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb