Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Friday, April 20, 2007

Second April Pair

As soon as saw this pattern I just had to make these. They were a birthday present for my housemate - who has already requested another pair.




Pattern: Jack Sparrows Favourite Socks / Wendys Generic Toe-Up
Yarn: Lorna Laces Shepherd Sock - Camoflauge and Natural
Opal Uni - Brown
Needles: Clover Takumi Bamboo 2.5mm
Modifications: As I am knew to toe-ups I used Wendy's Generic Toe-Up patterns as reference for short-row toes/heels. I also added more length before knitting the skull pattern.

These were great fun to knit and already have the second pair planned - using some Socks That Rock - Obsidian I have ordered.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Blogger Cloudberry said...

Cool!
I've got to make one of those :)

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger lexa said...

They turned out great! I saw that pattern and thought about making it. Now maybe I will!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Heddy said...

arggh ... I like them a lot!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger nbgriz said...

I love what you did with the pirate chart! I did a similar thing for my son last Christmas, and I think I like your chart better. Very cool.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb