Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, April 23, 2007

Wild Berry Zinger Socks

finished wild berry zinger socks

These are my third pair for April, and they are finally a pair for me! I used Wollmeise yarn in "Maria's Deepest Purple" knit two at a time toe-up (on Addi 2.5mm circs magic loop) to see how long I could get them, and I stopped at knee socks with yarn left over; Her skeins are incredibly long! I made some increases for the calf and the cuff is a twisted stitch 1x1 rib. This weekend I also got to meet the Wollmeise in person and she is incredibly nice. I brought home quite a few of her gorgeous colors, each saturated and wonderfully tonal. I can't wait to start my next pair. ~ fabienne

wild berry zinger toe-up socks

7 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Oblivia said...

These socks are most excellent, Fabz. I am so jealous that you got to meet Claudia and take home all that lovely yarn. mmmm :)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Gorgeous socks! What a nice color! Lot of knitting in the knee highs.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab socks. I love them.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

they are wonderful...I am about to knit a pair of knee-highs myself and I love Wollmeise...I'm trying to find the perfect pattern to use some

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Mia said...

I am in love with the color of your socks!!!!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Wow. I'm in awe of these socks. Gorgeous!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Knitika said...

Wow, the yarn is gorgeous, and you made a fabulous pair of socks with it. Nice job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb