Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Monday, May 21, 2007

April Winner & Other Good Stuff!

Hello, most patient SAMers! I've finally managed to get all of my poor group updated and the April winner drawn. It is (drumroll please)... Lynn! Get me your address and I will send you some sock yarn. I've got to go dig through the prize pile - we have gotten some fabulous donations.

We also have another vendor added to the list - Melody has started dying sock yarn and is offering free Priority Mail shipping to all you SAM3-ers. You can order her yarn from her blog, Lotus Knits.

Part of the reason why I've been such a slacker is that I was gone the first week of May and have been having difficulty getting back on track. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Amazing how I manage to come up with something different every month, isn't it? Anyway, I was lucky enough to get a spot on the Sea Socks '07 cruise and spent a wonderful week surrounded by other avid, fun-loving sock knitters on a ship that sailed from Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Shameless plug time here...bookings have just opened for Sea Socks '08, and I'm going to be one of the teachers on board this time! I'm very excited to be a part of this event again next year (this year I was just a lowly but very happy participant), and I will be joined by Erin from Mama-E's C*eye*ber Fiber (who provides exclusive hand-dyed yarn for all participants) and Amy Singer from Knitty. I will also be making up some exclusive Sea Socks sock designs for everyone who comes on board.

This cruise is leaving from Vancouver, sailing to Ketchikan, Alaska (where apparently there is a fabulous yarn shop right by the pier - can you say quivit?) and returning to Seattle. Patricia, the organizer, is a cruise agent but also a crazy sock knitter so she understands and caters to the needs of knitters. I just can't say enough about how great this year's cruise was, and how great it would be to have some SAMers on board next year!!!

If you don't regularly read my blog but want the good, bad & ugly of my Sea Socks '07 experience, you can read all about it here, here and here. Okay, shameless plug over.

Finally, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has made such nice comments on my April Rockin' Sock Club pattern. It has been a very interesting experience watching a gazillion knitters make (and have opinions on - both nice and not-so-much) one of my designs. I just finished my own pair and will get them posted here as soon as I get the ends woven in. I can't wait to see more Grasshoppers from y'all!

I am continually amazed at all the amazing socks you guys crank out. Even though I'm a neglectful KAL mom, I really love doing my updates and scrolling through the pages and pages of incredible knitting. You are all artists - don't ever doubt it!

Chrissy
http://knittinmom.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sea Socks sound fantastic. I wish I could go but I'm too far away in Europe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb