Sock a Month Knitalong 3

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Colinette Raphael socks

Colinette Jitterbug: Raphael
2.5mm DPNs
basic stockinette stitch with hourglass heel and flat toe

I like hourglass heel because usually I get bored with those never-ending gussets and toss the socks on bookshelf to wait a better day. Hourglass heel is done in a hour. But I’m not very good at it yet. I wasn’t brave enough to tighten the yarn as much I should have, because I was afraid to snap either the yarn or my ebony DPNs. I darned the biggest hole and left the rest as they are. I told myself they’re great for air circulation.
The yarn is very soft and feels nice. For shoe size 37 (or 4 UK or 6½ US) there was more than enough yarn with 18.5 cm leg.

I have to add that when I first opened the plastic bag which held my yarn, it smelled awful. I think it was vinegar smell from the dyeing process, but the smell lessened with time and now it's finally vanished.

Hanne-Maria
www.vivikala.net/vakerrellen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

bb